Terms of service and privicy policy
Terms of Service
1) Need-space.co.uk (referred hereinafter as 'Need-space.co.uk', 'Need-space', 'our', 'we' and 'us') is a web hosting firm. All accounts on our web servers are subject to the terms and conditions described in this document. Under the terms of this agreement, your placement of information on our servers is an acknowledgement that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions below. 1) The server your site is hosted on will remain the property of Need-space at all times. Your account will be a 'virtual server' account and accordingly each Need-space server is shared between users.
2) Need-space is the host, contact and service name for all users.
3a) If you intend to use your web space for any secure or confidential data, please email us to ensure we know of it's presence on our servers. You may not upload any material that violates or infringes on the copyright, intellectual property rights or trademark rights of any individual or organization. This also applies to linking directly to illegal files or other sites that offer any illegal material. Sound and video files that you own the rights to may be uploaded only after you are approved. Midi files are unrestricted; you do not need approval for them. Note: You may upload these materials if you first obtain written permission from the copyright or trademark owner and we will require a copy of this permission before uploading.
3b) The following cannot be held on our servers: " Pirated software " Hacker programs " Warez " Pornography or nudity of any kind " Copyrighted materials " ROMs " Emulators " Any links/affiliations to the above
If any of the above is found on your site/directory then it will be deleted and you will be emailed with a warning. If a repeat offence is made, your account will be disabled with no refund given. However, if the initial breach of terms is strong enough your account will be immediately terminated. Deliberately changing the extension of a file to hide its contents will not work; it will be considered an illegal file and will result in the immediate termination of your account. You may not publish any material that is grossly offensive to the general on-line community, including but not limited to, exploitation of children, blatant expressions of bigotry, hatred, harassment, defamation, invasion of privacy or excessive profanity (cursing). This includes material that defames, abuses, harasses or threatens any person or group. Files or directories or email user accounts may NOT contain profane or sexually suggestive names or expletives. We reserve the right to be the final judge as to what is or is not acceptable.
4) If we have to terminate your account for legal reasons or because we can no longer sustain our service, you will be refunded the full purchase price unless your account has been terminated for illegal use on your part.
5) Need-space will not be held responsible for the content of pages hosted under our service. We do not review page content before it is posted and do not verify, endorse, or otherwise take responsibility for the content of any user-created pages. However, we reserve the right to remove any page from our servers which we determine is violating our rules and guidelines. Users are solely responsible for all files contained in their own directory, and can be held legally liable for the contents of their Web site
6) The email system should not be used for mass transfer of data or for virus transfer. We have a no-tolerance approach to SPAM mail being used by any of our members. If you are found to be taking part in SPAM mailing then your account will be terminated, no compensation will be given and you may be charged up to £1000 for your illegal use of SPAM.
7) Please do not use the PHP, SSI and CGI services to gain illegal entry to our servers or to use them for intensive Server-side tasks (any scripts which require more than 8Mb of server memory and/or more than 30 seconds of server time to execute). Do not make excessive use of our email accounts, autoresponders, subdomains and MySQL databases policy. Any over-use of these services will result in termination of your account.
8) All users will be given written notice of any changes to this contract 1 month (30 days) before the change is made. Note that in this contract email is the medium by which the 'written' contract will be sent.
9) Your primary (first) email address at Need-space is your account email address and any notifications and alerts we send to you will be to this address. It is your responsibility to check this address regularly for emails from Need-space.
10) The amount of server space and bandwidth allocated to your account when you purchased it will always be the minimum value, however we may occasionally increase this value, in which case your account will be upgraded to the new values and you will be contacted regarding this change.
11) In no event will Need-space be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use Need-space Web Hosting services or any content thereon. This disclaimer applies, without limitation, to any damages or injury, whether for breach of contract, tort, or otherwise, caused by any failure of performance; error; omission; interruption; deletion; defect; delay in operation or transmission; computer virus; file corruption; communication line failure; network or system outage; or theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of any record.
12) We make no representation that the domain name you wish to register is capable of being registered by or for you or that it will be registered in your name. You should therefore not assume registration of your requested domain name(s) until you have been notified that it has or they have been registered. Any action taken by you before such notification is at your risk. Domain names are registered on behalf of clients under our name and therefore remain our property; however you have the right to use your domain name for whatever you please as long as it complies with our terms. A £25 admin fee will be charged should you wish to move the domain or DNS to another provider.
13) If an account has been set up and the customer requests their bank to recall the payments made (sometimes called a chargeback) then legal action will be taken against the customer to recover such payments in all circumstances.
14) We at Need-space price match, however the package on another website must be exactly the same as what we offer. If this is so we will refund the difference each proceeding month after your claim. The package that is cheaper than what we offer must have exactly the same features as our packages. Need-space has the right to refuse any price match claim if we feel it is necessary.
15) All discount code applications are checked for validity. You will be told upon ordering whether it is valid. If it is valid, certain conditions may apply to it upon which you will be notified. Breach of these conditions will result in account suspension and you will not receive any refund at all. We reserve the right to obtain administration costs through legal action. Discount codes are not applicable for domain names or account addons. One coupon/promotion can be only used at time of purchase of one per transaction. Coupons and promotional codes cannot be redeemed for cash or to be exchanged for any other coupon or promotional code. The coupon or promotional code cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupon or promotional code. Coupons or promotional codes cannot be used on any other website, except Need-space.co.uk.
They only apply for packages, and for the first year only. After that you will be charged the current price for package and domain renewal.
16) All .co.uk, .org.uk and .me.uk registrants must agree to Nominet UK's terms and conditions located at http://www.nominet.org.uk/nominet-terms.html
17) If payment cannot be received at any point your account will be suspended until the payment is received. Your account will be deleted from our system after 30 days of not receiving payment. There are no grounds for appeal.
18) If you are not happy with the service that we offer, we will issue with a full refund within the first 14 days of purchase.
19) Our uptime guarantee entitles any account holder to 1 month of free web hosting if uptime for a particular month is less that 99.9% (a month is defined as the 1st day of a calendar month to the last day of the calendar month). The account holder must request their free month of hosting before the 2nd day of the next month. Failure to request their free hosting before that time will render the account holder void from such a free period of hosting. In order to qualify for the "free month", your account must be in good standing with all invoices paid and current.
20) Full backups are made daily. No guarantees are made as to the integrity of these backups. It is the clients responsibility to maintain local copies of their account, web content and information. There will be a recovery fee if data is to be restored from backup and limited backup sets will be available
21) You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Need-Space from any and all liability, penalties, losses, damages, costs, expenses, attorneys' fees, causes of action or claims caused by or resulting indirectly from your use of the service which damages either you, Need-Space, or any other party or parties without limitation or exception.
FREE ACCOUNTS - Conditions of the free accounts:
a) All free accounts must be active at least every 7 days. All free accounts must be used to store the files that the domain name registered with the account accesses. Failure to comply with this will result in immediate suspension followed by account termination.
b) If a subdomain from need-space.co.uk is used when signing up to a free account, only the subdomain that is used to access the files held on that account can be displayed in the address bar. Failure to comply with this will result in immediate suspension followed by account termination.
c) Need-Space reserves the right to ask the account holders to place HTML coding on "Homepage" of the free account. Failure to comply with this will result in immediate suspension followed by account termination.
d) Need-Space reserves the right to terminate or suspend any free account without the prior notice to the account holder.
e) Only 2 Free accounts per person.
f) Need-Space is not a file storing company. The free accounts must only be used to store the files used, or in conjunction with the website.
1) Need-space.co.uk is committed to safeguarding the privacy of it's users while providing the highest possible quality of service. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). In order to fulfill your domain registration and account creation, we need to know certain personal information collected at time of order. It is our policy that this information is private and confidential. Accordingly, the personal information you provide to us is stored in a secure off-line location, and is accessible only by designated staff. It will be used only for the purposes for which you provide the information. We will not sell, rent or trade any personal information you provide to us. This information will also be used for any correspondence with users including support calls, emails and the support forum.
2) Our computers are not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information about our visitors. They recognize the home server of visitors, but not e-mail addresses. For example, we can tell which Internet Service Provider our visitors use, but not the names, addresses or other information about our visitors that would allow us to identify the particular visitors to our sites. In addition, our web sites track information about the visits to our web sites. For example, we compile statistics that show the daily number of visitors to our sites, the daily requests we receive for particular files on our web sites, and what countries those requests come from. These aggregated statistics are used internally to better provide services to the public, but again, the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information. During sign-up your computer's IP address will be recorded in case of credit card fraud on your part.
3) We will not pass any of your information to any third parties unless you have given prior permission to do so and we will email you periodically about new services and network news.
4) Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on-line in guestbooks, message boards, through email, in chat, by entering contests, posting a contact reference on your website, etc. - that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information on-line that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages that are completely beyond our control and responsibility. Ultimately, members are solely responsible for their actions when on-line, and for keeping their passwords, and all other personal information private. This policy may change periodically and without notice, however you will be notified by email of any alterations.
This policy pertains to all Need-space packages.
Need-Space reserves the right to modify these conditions at any time.
Proceeding with your order will verify your acceptance of these conditions.